This is a fusion recipe I came up with in India. It’s great served over some basmati rice.
Calamari PuttanescaPrint This
- 1 lb calamari, cleaned and chopped
- 1 can plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, whole pitted
- ¼ cup green olives, whole pitted
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
Heat up some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and chili peppers. When garlic is golden, add capers, olives, and green chillies. Give the plum tomatoes a rough chop before throwing them in the pan, along with half of the chopped coriander, cinnamon sticks, salt and pepper, and cook for a minute or two.
Add your calamari, tentacles and all, to the saucepan, and cook for a few minutes to let the flavours come together. Remove cinnamon sticks.
To finish, top with the rest of the coriander and serve.