This simple recipe is prepared in 5 minutes, ready to eat in 15!
Lentil & Tomato SoupPrint This
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz/441 ml) tin peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- water (optional)
In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, parsley and chili peppers and sauté for a few minutes. Add plum tomatoes and juices from the tin. With the back of a wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes into little chunks.
Add, lentils, salt and pepper. Add water and allow to cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until the soup has thickened.